Share this page?
Search the Site
Visiting this site
To find out more please
The Combined Approach to atopic eczema is educational
The Combined Approach to atopic eczema informs and explains: it is an educational approach.
The programme of appointments uses:
- Discussion: throughout the programme a two-way exchange of information and ideas aims to motivate successful changes in behaviour.
- An illustrated hand book, in stages: provides a reference for assessment, treatment and follow-up, for discussion in clinic, and for homework.
- Additional drawn and written material: added to the handbook during clinic discussion customises programme.
- Self-recording: homework requires regular recording of progress in handbook for review in clinic.
- Self-planning, and listing of intentions: clinic discussion is followed by home application of simple principles and writing down of appropriate interventions for particular circumstances.
- Involvement of others: recruiting positive social support outside the clinic clarifies ideas and enhances commitment.
- Website reinforcement: staged online answers to frequently asked questions ensures maximum understanding and success.
- Review and revision throughout: allowing for variation in ability and difficulty, and generating a final personal follow-up plan to maintain behavioural changes.
SEE ALSO ...